Friday, January 16, 2009

Pet Motel Bound

Dear Bentley,

My owners are going on vacation and I can't go. I've always gone with them everywhere, but this time--NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED! Since I've always gone with my family, I've never had to be boarded. I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing. Should I be nervous? What's this boarding thing like?

--Franklin--

Dear Franklin,

Fortunately, my owners have taken me everywhere with them too. If I can't go with them, then they just won't go. There should definitely be more pet-friendly places. I've never been boarded, but all of my pup friends don't like it one bit. My Aunt Goofey hates it! She runs and hides whenever she sees the suitcase. She doen't like spending the night (or days) at the pet motel. But she knows that it's much safer than staying home alone. Plus they food you :) What dog doesn't enjoy having a full belly??? Don't get too upset. You may have a few sleepless nights due to the howling dogs, but before you know it, your family will be back to take you home. They'll miss you as much as you've missed them. And who knows? They may even bring you home a surprise :) Good luck with your first (hopefully last) stay at the pet motel. Thanks for seeking my advice.

Barkingly yours,
Bentley