Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Help!!! I'm a BIG BROTHER!!!

Dear Bentley,

My owners just brought home a new fur kid. I've been the only child for so long and now I have a baby brother. I'm sad because now I have to share my toys, treats, food and my owners' attention. Is it normal to feel this way or am I just being selfish?

--Jasper--

Dear Jasper,

It's VERY NORMAL to feel this way. After all, a new addition to any family takes an adjustment. Luckily I don't have to feel your pain. My owners would never get another fur kid. They're too obsessed with me :) Sure, it's nice getting all of Mommy and Daddy's attention, but I must admit--sometimes I just want to be left alone. Let a dog sleep already!!! Maybe having another fur kid in the house will make your life easier. You'll have someone else to talk to and play with while your owners are away. Sharing toys won't be that bad. Just make sure you hide the ones that you don't want your new baby brother to tear up. Remember that your owners love you no matter what and that just because they've gotten a new fur kid, it doesn't mean they're replacing you. They're just spreading their love around :) So...no, you're not being selfish at all. Good luck with everything and have lots of fun with your new baby brother. Thanks for seeking my advice.

Barkingly yours,
Bentley