Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oops! I bit the vet...

Dear Bentley,

Yesterday, I bit my vet. He was trying to put his hands in my mouth and I didn't like it ONE BIT! So, I bit him. Now I'm in trouble with my owners and the vet won't see me anymore. Have you ever bit your vet? Should I be in trouble?

--Dakota--

Dear Dakota,

That's not good that you bit your vet. Vets help animals. They want you to be well. I understand why you're in trouble with your owners but your vet shouldn't stop seeing you. When they choose to work with animals as a profession, they have to take the chance that they'll get bit. Maybe your vet will get over it and start seeing you again. If not, go to another vet. There's so many of them out there, and I'm sure you'll find one that's GREAT!!! Just try not to bite the vet next time. They're helping you, not hurting you. You should only use your teeth to bite people as self-defense. Not when they're trying to help you. I've never bit my vet. But if I ever did, it would be because he's trying to hurt me. I know he'd never do that though. He's really nice :) Good luck with your future vet experiences. Thanks for seeking my advice.

Barkingly yours,
Bentley