Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Food...New Problem

Dear Bentley,

My owners have recently switched my food. I've been eating the same food for the last few years, and it's so yummy!!!! :) I don't understand why they took my yummy food away and have given me this yucky stuff. What should I do? I want to eat it because no dog likes an empty stomach. But then again, it's so yucky!!!

--Chip--

Dear Chip,

It may be a good thing that your owners swapped out your food. Many animals, especially dogs like ourselves, can develop an allergy to specific foods---especially if you eat them for too long. Your new food may actually be healthier than the food you've been eating. That may be why your owners changed it. After eating the same food for so long, it'll take time to get used to the taste of something new. My advice to you is to start off my eating small portions, then you'll be eating bigger portions in no time!!! Remember, your owners have your best interest in mind. They only want you to have the best, even if the best doesn't necessarily taste the best. Good luck to you and your new food experience. Thanks for seeking my advice.

Barkingly yours,
Bentley