Monday, January 12, 2009

I Miss Mommy's Attention!!!

Dear Bentley,

My mommy has a new boyfriend. I'm glad my mommy is happy but now I feel left out. I used to be her protector and best friend, but now she has someone else. I don't like it one bit! Will I ever get over this feeling?

--Luke--

Dear Luke,

Boyfriends will come and go, but you'll always be a big part of your Mommy's life. Don't let this get you down. Cheer up and realize that your mommy loves you more than anything. I know mine does. Also, if your mommy ever brings home someone that you don't like, take a whiz on his shoe. You may be in trouble with your mommy, but I guarantee that you won't be seeing that guy friend of hers anytime soon :) If he's smart, he'll stay away. Far, far away! He'll realize that he has no business taking your mommy away from you. On the plus side, your mommy could bring home a GREAT guy--someone that'll feed you lots of tablescraps and play fetch with you in the backyard. No matter what, your mommy will never stop loving you. So there's no reason why you should feel left out. It's GREAT that your mommy is happy. This will make her playtime with you---all the more better! So to answer your question---yes, you'll get over this feeling! Good luck and thanks for seeking my advice.

Barkingly yours,
Bentley